Thursday, September 8, 2011

Still Love the Minnesota Vikings ...

I wore my Vikings windbreaker yesterday (free from Sports Illustrated), and was amazed that it created so many opportunities for conversation. Because I was wearing that jacket, I met at least half a dozen people, including two ex-Minnesotans, one from Red Wing and the other from St. Paul's East Side.

When we were walking through the grounds of the Air Force Academy yesterday, I overheard a what seemed like a disparaging comment about the Vikings, from a man to his wife as they were walking in the opposite direction. I felt my irritation rise and I turned to look. The man looked at me, realizing that he'd been caught. "Green Bay Packers!", he shouted. "Pack poison is everywhere", I retorted. We both laughed.

I feel a little wistful this morning, knowing that tonight's GBP game inaugurating the NFL season will probably yield yet another win. Bob cheerfully claims (for the Nth time) that he is switching teams. The morning is cool and I think I'll wear my jacket to breakfast. Another day of adventure begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment